Current Professionals I Spoke With

During my time of research I was given the opportunity to speak to and converse with some experts on the topic of occupational therapy and I learned a lot. One person that I feel I gained the most knowledge from Amy Marshall, a current professor who teaches at Eastern Kentucky University (EKU), the college I am planning on attending. Much of the information that I found out from her was extremely helpful, and I learned so much about the current process of education for an occupational therapist.

She explained to me, which I found to be very interesting, that when you are ready to search for internships or jobs EKU has a resource room where each student can go and look through updated job files of all the available OT jobs around the world. This idea shocked me; in this field, the employers are searching for you! In my opinion I think that’s crazy for a job nowadays. With many people loosing their jobs or receiving pay cuts it must feel good to know you’ll have a job right when you graduate. Besides that, by the end of my conversation with Professor Marshall I was able to conclude that being an occupational therapist today is very smart choice; meeting someone like her allowed me to see the endless options for my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment